There are a few reasons why a driver application might not be approved.
Below are the requirements to be an approved driver with RVezy.
- You should be at least 25 years old
- You should have a full driver’s license for 8 consecutive years and with no restrictions
- An additional endorsement might be required (for example, you may need an endorsement if you are renting an RV with air brakes)
- You shouldn’t have had more than 2 at fault accidents in the last 6 years
- You shouldn’t have had more than 2 minor driving convictions in the past 3 years
- You shouldn’t have been convicted of a criminal code driving offense in the past 3 years
- You shouldn’t have had your automobile insurance cancelled in the last 3 years
- You should have your own personal automobile insurance. If not, we can also accept some other personal insurance like renter’s insurance, house insurance, etc.
- For US rentals, you also shouldn't have had distracted driving charges in the last 3 years
Driver’s licenses from North America, the United Kingdom, the European Union and Australia or New Zealand are accepted, and if you are from any other country and plan to drive in Canada, you will need an international driver’s license that you can acquire at specific offices available in your country.
If your driver application failed and you fit all of the above criteria please get in touch with us by emailing us, and we will take a look at your driver application.
*In the event of any damages occurring while an unapproved driver is driving the RV, OR in the event of any damages occurring while there is no approved driver/renter on the booking, the resulting damages will not be covered by the insurance and the renter will be fully responsible for the total costs of repairs.