Congratulations! You have now rented your RV! You may be wondering, what the next steps are!
Once the renter has made a payment and secured your RV, you want to make sure that your RV is covered by RVezy's insurance. If you have opted for your RV to be insured by RVezy, you will need to fill out the insurance application form and be approved. If this has not been done yet, now is the right time to do it.
You can access the form by clicking on your dashboard notification, or by clicking on "Edit Listing" under your RV listing photo>"Insurance"
When you have filled out the form, you will see the status of your application. Once approved, you are all set to go! If your insurance profile has not been approved please email us, and a member of our customer success team will be sure to help you out.
2 weeks prior to the booking start date:
This would be the time to reach out to the renter to reconfirm all the details in relation to the rental:
- The time and location to collect the RV.
- Any add-ons they have selected in the rental
- If you are renting out a trailer, double check with the renter the ball size (2“ or 2 5/16“) and that their vehicle has the appropriate towing capacity, and whether torsion bars (weight distributors) will be needed. Recheck with the renter that their car is equipped with the right pin connectors (7 pins or 4 pins).
If you are unsure of if their vehicle can pull your trailer, it is recommended to call the car brand’s dealer and confirm the towing capacity with a mechanic.
- This would also be the time to print out the insurance certificate to be handed over to the renters when they pickup your unit.
- Double check that the renter has added an approved driver, even if the RV is being delivered, and that the renter is over 25 years old
2 days before the rental:
It is recommended to now get your RV ready for your renters.
- Make sure that your RV is clean and free of dust with no trace left from the previous renters.
- Ensure that appliances work properly, as well as the AC, hot water tank, the extension, and the awning.
- Check all the levels in the RV such as propane, gas, oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid and any other fluids that may need to be topped off.
- Double check the tires' pressure.
If you encounter minor problems with your RV a couple of days before the start date and feel comfortable still letting it go on rental, you will need to inform the renters about those minor issues before they come to make sure they accept to rent the RV in that condition.
Day of the rental:
- When the renter arrives, make sure to fill out the checklist and take photos of the RV's interior and exterior with the renter. This document is very important as it will be used in case of an insurance claim or a dispute.
- Double check with the renter the time and location to return the RV.
Day of the RV return:
When the renter returns the RV, make sure to do the return checklist with them to document in which condition they left the RV, as well as any damages and additional charges you have agreed on (extra mileage, light damages, items that the renters have used that might be charged etc..)
Once the checklist is done, you will have 7 days to close the booking on the website and add in there any closing charges that were agreed upon at the renters' return. If you are waiting for any quotes for damages, that time frame might be extended.
When the above is submitted, the renter will have 7 days to review your close out. If all looks good they will close out the booking. At this stage, their security deposit will be released and you will get your final payout.
NOTE: If you need more than 7 days to get a quote, you will need to click on "Open a Dispute".
If you would like to refund the renter any amount you also need to click on "Open a Dispute".
If the renter did not show up to collect the RV and you mutually agreed to change the booking dates, do not close out your booking, and also click on "Open a Dispute"
If you close the booking we will not be able to help you with any refund requests or modifications related to this rental.