Congratulations! Now that you've confirmed your RV rental, you may be wondering what are your next steps.
After your booking is confirmed
Once you've made your payment to confirm your booking, make sure you're aware of the automated payment schedule for your next payments. You can see when your next payment will be due by accessing your booking through My RVezy > My Trips > Upcoming Trips, selecting your booking, and looking under the Payment Details section.
If you haven't already, you should also verify your account. When doing so, you'll have the option to simply verify your account, or to verify your account and add yourself as an approved driver at the same time. You can read more about this process here.
Please note that an approved driver is required on every booking for insurance and security purposes, even if the RV will be delivered by the host.
Once your account has been verified, you'll also have access to complete and sign your rental agreement. This is a mandatory step that must be completed before you start your trip.
Two weeks before the start of your trip
At this point, you should reach out to the RV host to reconfirm the details surrounding your trip and their RV, including:
- The time and location at which you can collect and return the RV.
- If you're towing a trailer, confirm the towing requirements for the trailer to ensure you have the right towing vehicle and equipment (i.e. ball size, connector, weight distribution bars, brake controller, etc.).
- Any other questions you might have about the RV (how to operate it, what's included, etc.).
At the start of your trip
When you meet with the host to collect the RV:
- Walk around the RV with the host to review any pre-existing damage and familiarize yourself with any components/equipment you will need to operate during your trip (i.e. opening and closing the awning, operating the generator or AC, etc.)
- Complete the departure inspection on the RVezy app and take pictures of the interior and exterior of the RV with the host. This is a mandatory step that will assist in the event of an insurance claim or a dispute.
- Ask any questions you may have so you feel comfortable safely operating the RV during your trip. This can include operating the slide-outs or the generator, emptying the grey and black water tanks, turning the AC on and off, etc.
- Confirm the time and location at which you must return the RV with the host.
During your trip
If any issues arise during your trip, such as a roadside incident, an accident, or problems with a specific part of the RV, be sure to communicate this to your host. The host should be your main point of contact during your trip and will be able to assist you with any issues related to their RV.
At the end of your trip
Before leaving your campsite:
- Fully empty the black and grey water tanks (if required by the host).
- Clean the RV to ensure it's returned in the same condition as it was when you collected it.
- This may include doing the dishes, throwing out the trash, sweeping the floor and wiping the countertops, etc.
- If you have paid a cleaning fee, this does not mean that you are not required to clean the RV.
When returning the RV to the host:
- Walk around the RV to identify any new damages or issues with the RV.
- Complete the return inspection on the RVezy app and take pictures of the interior and exterior of the RV with the host. This is a mandatory step that will assist in the event of an insurance claim or a dispute.
- If any new damage is found, discuss it with the host and come to an agreement on any additional charges that may be necessary.
Once you've returned the RV to the host and completed the return inspection, the booking will still need to be closed out by both you and the host. You can read this article for more information on this process.