Congratulations! Now the you rented your RV, you may be wondering, what the next steps are!
Once you have made your 1st payment and your booking is confirmed, make sure you are aware of the automated payment schedule for the next payments. This schedule is visible in your booking located in "My Trips">"Upcoming Trips" under "Payment Details".
It is highly recommended for you to verify what deductible level was selected. There are several deductibles available based on the RV type and location.
The deductible level selected is also visible in your booking located in "My Trips">"Upcoming Trips" under "Payment Details".
To find out how to modify the deductible level, check the following article: Can I edit / modify the booking and what is the process?
Next, you will need to add a driver even if the unit is being delivered. This step is required to verify you as a renter, and to make sure you are over 25 years old. It is also a requirement by the insurance provider.
To do this, just go to your profile page and click the “add a driver“ option. You can also click on the notification that will be on your dashboard.
Simply answer the questions and upload a picture of both the front and the back of your driver's license and you are all set. You will get approved in minutes but if you are not approved, simply email us.
Adding a driver only becomes available once a payment has been made.
2 weeks prior to your booking:
This would be the time to reach out to the owner to reconfirm all the details in relation to the vehicle you have rented:
-The time and location to collect the RV.
-If you are towing a trailer, double check with the owner the ball size (2“ or 2 5/16“) and that your vehicle is appropriate to tow the trailer. It would also be a good idea to recheck with the owner if you need weight distributors (torsion bars).
Note that most trailers require a 7 pin connector and a brake control module, make sure to recheck this with the owner as some trailers might be different. It would also be recommended to get your wiring harness tested prior to your trip to insure that everything is working properly.
- This would also be the time to print out the booking voucher and the roadside document (if selected) to have the phone number and the booking number in case of an incident.
Day of the rental:
You are about to collect the RV from the owner.
- At your arrival, make sure to fill out the checklist and take photos of the RV's interior and exterior with the owner. This document is very important as it will be used in case of an insurance claim or a dispute.
- Ask all the questions you need to fell comfortable using safely the RV.
- Double check with the owner the time and location to return the RV.
Day of the RV return:
On your last day, when you are about to leave the campsite.
- Make sure to fully dump the black and grey tanks, if it was agreed with the owner that you would do it. The panel in the RV should clearly show that the tanks have been emptied.
- You should also do a light cleaning and throw the trash. If you have paid for a cleaning fee, you still need to clean up after yourself and do the dishes. The cleaning fee goes toward a deep cleaning of the interior and exterior as well as washing the linens.
- When the owner collects the RV, make sure to do the return checklist with them to document in which condition you left the RV, as well as any damages and additional charges you have agreed on (extra mileage, light damages you agree to pay, items you have used that might be charged etc..)
Once the owner receives the RV, and the checklist is done, they will have 7 days to close the booking on the website and add in there any closing charges that were agreed upon at your return. If the owner is waiting for any quotes for damages, that time frame might be extended.
When the above is submitted, you will have 7 days to review the owner's close out. If all looks good for you, simply leave a review and close out the booking. At this stage, your security deposit will be released and the owner will get their final payout.
NOTE: If you do not agree with the closing charges or if you would like to ask for any refund / compensation, you should not close the booking, but click on "Open a Dispute". If you close the booking and the final payout is released to the owner, we will not be able to help you with any refund requests.