For every rental, a digital inspection form must be completed by both the owner and the renter, on their respective phones, during the key exchange at the start and end of the trip.
The purpose of the inspection is to document the condition of the RV at the start and end of the trip. It includes:
- Taking pictures of the exterior and interior of the RV
- Noting the level of the fuel tank
- Noting the level of the black and grey water tanks
- Noting the level of the propane tank
- Noting the generator usage
- Noting the odometer reading
- Noting any pre-existing damage (at the start of the trip) and any new damage (at the end of the trip)
This step is mandatory and crucial, as any extra charges that the owner may add (such as mileage, propane usage, late fees, damages, etc.), as well as the submission of a dispute or claim at the end of the rental, will be based on the information provided in the inspections.
Make sure that the rental agreement has been signed before the start date, as the inspection will not be accessible if the rental agreement has not been completed. In the event the rental agreement and inspections are not completed, any dispute or claims arising from the booking may be denied.